Countdown to Christmas: Day 3 Christmas Eve Gift Box

Today the ever talented Mum of all Trades brings us her Christmas Eve Gift Box as part of our ‘Countdown to Christmas’ week. It’s a wonderful homemade gift for you to make for your own children or for them to make for their friends.

I am delighted to be writing this post for NetMums and to be part of their Christmas countdown.

There has been a real trend in recent years for handmade gifts at Christmas. I think it is really special to receive something that you know someone has put time into making.

Although I love to craft, I do not get much time to do it at Christmas. It is a very busy time of year for everyone and I find that when I am ferrying my 5 from Christmas parties to rehearsals for whatever productions or carol services they’re involved with, I need ideas that don’t take up much time.

Which is why I hope you’ll like this project. It is not at all time consuming nor does it require you to be a seasoned crafter.

This is a little gift box for a child aged 4-10 approx. I think they would be an ideal gift for children’s classmates.

It includes everything to make Christmas Eve special for them.

You will need.

Gift box- These work out about 40p each from eBay. I bought 20 as I will use any left over for birthday parties during the year.

Coloured card in red and green (Tesco are doing a little pack of various glittery cards)

Ribbon

Christmas Mug- Mine was 59p from B&M Bargains.

Marshmallows

Sachet of Hot Chocolate.

Christmas sweets or chocolates- Just a few, don’t want too much sugar before an early night!

Cellophane

Freezer bag

Ingredients for Cookie mix- You can use your own preferred recipe or see mine below.

Porridge oats

Glitter.

1. Make your box label and labels for other items – it’s very simple, just use MS Word or similar to create them and then print them out and cut to size.

2. Wrap up a little bundle of marshmallow and tie with ribbon and put in the cup along with hot chocolate sachet. I also added a little whisk.

3. Mix porridge oats and glitter and put in freezer bag for reindeer food. Attach label with ribbon.

4. Mix dry cookie ingredients in a bag and tie on recipe card with ribbon.

• 210g plain flour
  • 3/4 tsp bicarb of soda
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 300g plain chocolate chips
  • 110g dark brown soft sugar

5. Place everything into the box along with a few little sweets.

6. Add label on the top along with some ribbon.

You can add other items if you like. Ideas I had include:

Mini colouring in sheets and small box of colour pencils

Christmas bubble bath pouches

Cosy bed socks

I think any little boy or girl would be thrilled to have one of these for Christmas Eve don’t you?

About The Netmums Blog

The Netmums Blog brings you a behind the scenes look at Netmums, as well as some fabulous guest bloggers and an up to date look at what's new on our Parent Bloggers Network.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Countdown to Christmas: Day 3 Christmas Eve Gift Box

1. wow this is super. Such a lovely idea!

2. Nikki Thomas says:

That is brilliant! What a lovely idea, I will definitely be doing this, it will be lovely!

3. Nikki G says:

Lovely idea! What are the rest of the ingredients needed & cooking instructions for the cookies? An xmas themed cookie cutter would also be a good addition to the box.

4. Fay spencer says:

Lovely idea :)

5. Mags says:

What a lovely idea – will definitely do this with Ben when he’s old enough. Love it!

6. mandy says:

Fantastic idea!!! I love making ‘traditions’ that can be passed down from you to your children and so on!! We always have brand new Christmas pyjamas on Christmas Eve!! It’s such an exciting time when you’ve got kids isnt it?!

7. carol says:

Cool idea! Think I will do something similar for the Rainbows. : – )

8. Carol says:

Fab idea! Will do something similar for my Rainbows. : – )

• Nelson says:

Great idea!!! I may have to try this once I gather all of our books from our Christmas straoge. I am sharing this over on our Facebook page right now.

9. paula says:

Fantastic idea but could you add the rest of the instructions for the cookie recipe pls. Thank you

10. amandabrough says:

Excellent Idea. I will definately be Hi-jacking this. A great idea and so versatile, I am thinking of my girl friends and a little grown up version…. ;-)

11. I’m glad to see how many of you like this idea. The rest of the cookie instructions are.
    190g butter
    1 egg
    Mix those with the dry mix you have included.
    Put 1 tbsp size drops on abaking sheet
    Bake at 190 degreesC for 8-10 mins.
    Of course you can use any cookie recipe.

12. Sally-Anne says:

What a fabulous idea, i will enjoy making this for my new daughter and grandchildren x

13. Helen Sheppard says:

That is a fantastic idea – I’m definitely going to have a go!!!
    Even tho I’ve got 3 teenagers I reckon we’re all big kids at heart!!!

14. Fantastic ideas – Christmas Eve boxes really add to the excitement. We usually put new pyjamas and Christmassy colouring/doodle books in ours too and then snuggle up to read ‘Twas the night Before Christmas’ and wathc Raymond Brigg’s ‘Father Christmas’. Have a Bloomin’ Lovely Christmas everyone!

15. de Los jugos says:

Good web site you’ve got here.. It’s hard to find high quality
    writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you!
    Take care!!